Table of Contents
Last month’s blog gave several suggestions in helping you to choose your breast revision surgeon. After all your research and you have picked a surgeon, it is time to meet for your first consultation. The following are ten important questions you should ask, don’t hesitate to write your questions down and take them with you; it is easy to forget when you are finally face to face.
1. Are you Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
2. Will the surgery be done in a surgery center or hospital? Is it fully accredited?
3. Is the anesthesiologist Board Certified?
4. What type of anesthesia will be used?
5. How many breast revision surgeries do you perform per year?
6. May I see before and after pictures of your patients?
7. Do you recommend saline or silicone implants for me?
8. What size and shape implant would be good for me?
9. Should my implants be placed over or under the muscle? Why?
10. Where will the incisions be?
Write Down Your Questions
This is not a complete list, but a good starting point. Be sure to add more questions as you think of them, but again write them down, it is easy to forget.
Two or Three Consultations are Fine!
If after your consultation you are not totally satisfied with the answers you received, or you are not comfortable with the surgeon, go for a second consultation or even a third. It is important for you to have confidence in your surgeon.
Miguel Delgado, M.D. has been doing breast revision surgery since 1989 and is an expert in breast surgery. If you are having issues with your breasts, or you have had your breast implants for more than 10 years and need an evaluation, contact the office today (415 898-4161) for an appointment with Miguel Delgado, M.D.